Friday, August 8, 2008

My First Published Novel


Wow! Am I excited or what? After years of writing, I finally have a novel in print, Going Home. It's not my first novel; it's my third, but the first two gather dust on the shelf. They were too "girly," had too many story lines, too many points of view, or so they said.

After more rejections than I like to count, I revisited the craft of story telling and writing. I started over, entered college again -- after all these years -- graduated in English Literature and minored in History. What I thought might be the end of formal study was only the beginning. Story telling is a gift, I believe, like imagination; but good writing is a learned craft, developed out of study and practice, practice, practice. Am I there yet? No. Will I stop? No. I've just begun.

2 comments:

LindaP said...

What a great book. I loved helping with it and being one of the first readers. See you in Aug.

Gary and Charlene Poston said...

I've got my first two copies ordered! Can't wait to read it. Keep on writing! So proud of you!!! You're an inspiration to me to really get serious on my writing.